Budgets & Financial Reports
Biennial City Budgets
Learn more about the City's biennial budgets by reviewing the Daly City Budget Process (PDF).
In light of the pandemic, the City Council approved a "rollover" budget for Fiscal Year (FY) 2020 to 2021. At the current time, the FY 2020 to 2021 appropriations are exactly the same as the FY 2019 to 2020 appropriations. The City continues to work on final, updated FY 2020 to 2021 appropriations that incorporate required contractual increases. The final FY 2020 to 2021 budget schedules are expected to be completed and uploaded to the City's website in late fall 2020.
Operating & Capital Budget
- View the Operating and Capital Budget for Fiscal Years 2019 and 2020 (PDF)
- Access the Operating and Capital Budget Document Archive to view previously approved Operating and Capital Budgets
- View the Capital Budget for Fiscal Years 2019 and 2020 (PDF)
- Review the Capital Budget Document Archive to view previously approved Capital Budgets
Mid-Year Budget Reviews
Comprehensive Annual Financial Reports
Each year the Department of Finance and Administrative Services prepares a Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (CAFR), which is audited by the City's independent auditor. The CAFR presents the financial position and the changes in the financial position for each fiscal year. The basic financial statements and supporting schedules have been prepared in compliance with California Government code Sections 25250 and 25253 and in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) for local governments as established by the Governmental Accounting Standards Board (GASB).
Gann Appropriation Limit Documents
- Daly City Gann Appropriation Limit - Fiscal Year 2020 to 2021 (PDF)
- North San Mateo County Sanitation Gann Appropriation Limit - Fiscal Year 2020 to 2021 (PDF)
The Finance and Administrative Services Department has received the Government Finance Officers Association Awards for Excellence in Budgeting since 1991 and for its Comprehensive Annual Financial Report since 1986.