Make a Difference Day
Free Recycling Event
Join us for our largest volunteer day of the year where community members can Make a Difference by coming together for cleanups in parks & neighborhoods, tree planting and more. The City provides all the necessary supplies. Sign up with a group or as an individual.
On Saturday, October 23, 2021, Daly City celebrates its 23rd consecutive year of participation in Make a Difference Day, a National Day of Volunteerism. Daly City residents are asked to “Make a Difference” by volunteering or participating in a number of events.
If you have a group that you would like to organize for a clean-up in your neighborhood, please fill out the request form by October 15, 2021.
Hands-on projects that are in need of volunteer help include:
• Mission Street-Top of the Hill Clean-up - Volunteers will meet at Bepler and Mission Street to collect litter and recyclables from 9:30am-12:30pm. During the event parking is available at the municipal parking lots on Bepler.
• Mussel Rock Coastal Clean-up - Volunteers must register here in advance to collect litter and recyclables from 9-11am.
• Neighborhood Clean-ups – Volunteer with a group of friends and neighbors to collect litter and recyclables in your own neighborhood.
• Park Clean-ups – Volunteer with a group of friends and neighbors to collect litter and recyclables. Choose a park that is your favorite or we'll set a location up for you!
• Thornton Beach Clean-up – Volunteer with a group of friends and neighbors to collect litter and recyclables.
*Out of an abundance of caution, the City requests that all participants wear a face covering.
All volunteers must complete a release form prior to beginning any work activity associated with Make A Difference Day. Volunteers under 18 years of age must submit a release form (PDF) with the signature of the parent/guardian.
*Post your volunteer clean-up photos to instagram and tag @dalycitygov and we’ll feature you on our account!