The City Manager's Office is responsible for the general management and oversight of Daly City's municipal operations, including the Successor Agency (formerly Daly City Redevelopment Agency) and North San Mateo County Sanitation District. This involves the following:
- Continued improvement, expansion, or redirection of programs and activities within the organization to meet community needs
- Coordination of organizational programs and activities
- Development and general management of the operating and capital budgets
- Financial planning for the municipal corporation
- Generating public information, facilitating conversation and information exchange with citizens, encouraging community participation
- Oversight of labor relations activities
- Representing the organization in inter-jurisdictional matters with other agencies
- Selection of senior management personnel
These duties are carried out under the direction of the City Council and through the implementation of City Council policies and legislative actions. The City Manager's office is responsible for ensuring that the City Council is provided with adequate information and recommendations regarding technical and professional issues under policy consideration and implementing Council decisions in these areas. Further, the City Manager's office provides the necessary clerical and administrative support to Council Members in their legislative role within the organization, as well as in their activities with other agencies and organizations.
It is more important than ever that the City hears from you - the public it serves - as Daly City looks towards the coming weeks of recovery from the pandemic. Please take a moment to join the Daly City Discussion and complete a survey online.