Earth Day Event 2022
Do Your Part to Help Daly City Go Green with Two Free Events
Earth Day Recycling and Volunteer Event
- Saturday, May 7th
- 9:30 am to 12:30 pm
- City Hall Parking Lot
333 90th Street
The event will feature free services in a drive-through format for Daly City residents.
*Proof of Residency is required to drop off items for disposal: Driver's License and/or recent utility bill.
*Residents may choose to wear a face covering.
*Remain in your vehicle with doors closed and windows up, until directed by event staff.
*If you are experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms, please stay home.
Volunteers will direct cars through the City Hall parking lot to make stops at the various stations:
- Secure Document Shredding: Limit of 3 copy boxes or one large trash bag full of confidential material per household. Bring the following for free shredding:
- Canceled Checks
- Credit Card Offers
- Old Bank Statements
- Old Medical Records
- Paycheck Stubs
- Anything with Personal Information
- Electronic Waste Collection:
- CRT's (televisions, monitors)*
- Flatscreens (televisions, monitors, tablets, cell phones, laptops)*
- Cameras and Camcorders
- Computer Components
- Networking Devices
- Fax Machines
- DVD & CD Players
- Video Game Consoles
- Cables & Wires
- Not Accepted: lighting, household batteries, appliances, business waste. Click Here to view a full list.
*Limit of 7 CRT's and Flatscreens. Otherwise, please complete this form in advance.
- Used Tire Take Back: Limit of 9 passenger or light truck tires, up to R19.5, with or without rims per household. Not for farm, heavy-duty, and commercial or heavy equipment tires. Must show proof of Daly City residency and sign a form stating the number and origin of the tires. No commercial tire, auto repair, or salvage businesses.
- Mattress Drop Off: Limit 4 mattresses (bed & futon) and box springs per household. Cannot be severely damaged or soiled.
- Not Accepted: severely damaged/wet/ soiled mattresses or box springs; items infested with bed bugs; mattress pads or toppers: sleeping bags, pillows; car beds; infant carriers, lounge pads, or crib bumpers; juvenile products such as carriages, baskets, cribs, bassinets, dressing tables, strollers, playpens, playpen pads; water beds or camping air mattresses; fold-out sofa beds, futon frames/bases; and furniture
NO Household Hazardous Waste will be accepted.
*People can continue to choose to wear face coverings around others whether it is mandated or not. Please be respectful of people’s choices around their health.