Earth Day Event
Do Your Part to Help Daly City Go Green with Two Free Events
Earth Day Recycling and Volunteer Event
- Saturday, May 6, 2023
- 9:30 am to 12:30 pm
- City Hall Parking Lot
333 90th Street
The event will feature free services in a drive-through format for Daly City residents.
*Proof of Residency is required to drop off items for disposal: Driver's License and/or recent utility bill.
*Remain in your vehicle, until directed by event staff.
*If you are ill or experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms, please stay home.
Event Staff will direct cars through the City Hall parking lot to make stops at the various stations:
- Secure Document Shredding: Limit of 3 copy boxes or one large trash bag full of confidential material per household. Bring the following for free shredding:
- Canceled Checks
- Credit Card Offers
- Old Bank Statements
- Old Medical Records
- Paycheck Stubs
- Anything with Personal Information
- Electronic Waste Collection:
- CRT's (televisions, monitors)*
- Flatscreens (televisions, monitors, tablets, cell phones, laptops)*
- Cameras and Camcorders
- Computer Components
- Networking Devices
- Fax Machines
- DVD & CD Players
- Video Game Consoles
- Cables & Wires
- Not Accepted: microwaves, lighting, household batteries, appliances, business waste. Click Here to view a full list.
- Used Tire Take Back: Limit of 9 passenger or light truck tires, up to R19.5, with or without rims per household. Not for farm, heavy-duty, and commercial or heavy equipment tires. Must show proof of Daly City residency and sign a form stating the number and origin of the tires. No commercial tire, auto repair, or salvage businesses.
- Mattress Drop Off: Limit 4 mattresses (bed & futon) and box springs per household. Cannot be severely damaged or soiled.
- Not Accepted: severely damaged/wet/ soiled mattresses or box springs; items infested with bed bugs; mattress pads or toppers: sleeping bags, pillows; car beds; infant carriers, lounge pads, or crib bumpers; juvenile products such as carriages, baskets, cribs, bassinets, dressing tables, strollers, playpens, playpen pads; water beds or camping air mattresses; fold-out sofa beds, futon frames/bases; and furniture
*NO Household Hazardous Waste will be accepted.
Join us for cleanups in parks & neighborhoods, tree planting and more. The City provides all the necessary supplies. Sign up with a group or as an individual.
If you would like to organize a clean-up in your neighborhood or at a park, please email firstname.lastname@example.org by April 28, 2023.
Hands-on projects that are in need of volunteer help include:
• Mission Street-Top of the Hill Clean-up - Volunteers will meet at Bepler and Mission Street to collect litter and recyclables from 9:30am-12:30pm. During the event parking is available at the municipal parking lots on Bepler.
• Neighborhood Clean-ups – Volunteer with a group of friends and neighbors to collect litter and recyclables in your own neighborhood.
• Park Clean-ups – Volunteer with a group of friends and neighbors to collect litter and recyclables. Choose a park that is your favorite or we'll set a location up for you!
All volunteers must complete a Volunteer Release Form prior to beginning any work activity associated with Earth Day. Volunteers under 18 years of age must submit a Volunteer Release Form with the signature of the parent/guardian.
*Post your volunteer clean-up photos to instagram and tag @dalycitygov and we’ll feature you on our account!