Welcome to the Daly City Police Department Citizens Online Police Reporting System. Using this internet police reporting system, you will be able to report the incident without waiting and print a copy of the report for free.
If you are the victim of identity theft or fraud please obtain and keep all documentation related to this crime.:
- Cancelled Checks
- Mail from Companies
We may contact you to get these items, if needed, and you should keep copies for your records.
There are some groups you should get in touch with if you are the victim of identity theft or fraud. Some will ask for the report number you receive at the end of this online police report process.
- Department of Motor Vehicles
- Trans Union
- U.S. Federal Trade Commission
Submit a Report
- Avoid mail theft by obtaining a locked mailbox and dropping off outgoing mail at the local post office or postal mailbox.
- Do not give out your personal information or credit card number over the phone unless you initiated the call.
- No bank, auction site or other business should send you an email asking you to enter credit card information, passwords, social security numbers or other personal information. Often these fake emails will contain links to pages that look real but are not. If you suspect you are being directed to a fake site, please go to the actual home web site of the company and inform them of what has happened.
- Protect your social security number and only give it out when required by law.
- Shred credit card offers and bank statements before you throw them away if you do not plan on using them.