Beginning on March 15, 2021 all walk-up organized youth/adult activities will not be allowed, UNLESS a reservation is in place. All reservable fields and grass areas at Gellert Park and Westlake Park will be open for the community to submit reservation requests for youth athletic activities through the Department of Library and Recreation Services. Youth Athletic groups will be given first priority.
The following items are control measures being implemented during the reservation and permit process to protect players, families, and the Daly City community, and slow the spread of COVID-19. The City of Daly City Department of Library and Recreation Services reserve the right to revise these control measures at any time.
- To consider your reservation for approval, the following documents are required:
- COVID-19 Waiver
- COVID Return to Play Protocol Plan (Written proposal with activities you plan to provide in compliance with mandates regarding physical distancing and sharing equipment.)
- Reservations must be made 2 weeks ahead of the start date. No reservations are allowed less than 2 weeks before their start date.
- Organizations must provide their COVID Return to Play Protocol Plan before permits are issued. City staff will review the plan to ensure compliance.
- City staff will monitor all field, diamond and court usage to ensure return-to-play protocols are being adhered to, and that facilities are operating in a way that complies with all local and state guidelines. City staff reserve the right to cancel a permit at any time if it’s in the best interest of public health.
- Teams that are in violation of COVID protocols will receive two warnings. After the second warning, the organization’s permit will be cancelled.
- If organizations choose to not return due to concerns over COVID-19, a partial or full refund will be issued. All request for refunds will be reviewed accordingly.
Refer to the Department of Library and Recreation Services Guide to Reopening for Youth Athletic Use (PDF) for full details. For more information with regard to a reservation request, please send an email to email@example.com.
Reserve a Facility
Following the County Health Orders, the Department of Library and Recreation Services will not be taking reservations for indoor facilities until further notice..
All the facilities are available to reserve, on a first come, first serve basis. Facility rentals must be completed in person at the Department of Library and Recreation Services Administration Office, located at:
111 Lake Merced Boulevard
Daly City, CA 94015
For facility availability, please contact 650-991-8001.