Current & Future Developments
Growth opportunities exist for new and existing businesses to enjoy the synergy and provide services to many projects that are currently under development in Daly City. Some of these projects are briefly summarized as follows:
- Pacific Plaza: A three-phase mixed-use development composed of approximately 663,000 s.f. office and retail space, a 20-screen (3,950-seat) cinema, and a hotel. Located next to the Daly City BART station, this project is expected to generate over 3,000 new jobs when completed. Currently, the first two phases of this award-winning mixed-use project have been completed. Phase I features a 350,000 square foot, nine-story Class A, office building. Phase II features a twenty-screen Century Theatres cinema complex and about 23,000 square feet of street-level retail near the movie theatre complex. This project has been a marketing success with rapid leasing of the office space and the movie theatre achieving among the highest-grossing sales of Bay Area theaters. Phase III is planned for the development of 270,000 s.f. of Class A office space and Phase IV is planned for a ten-story full-service hotel.
- Landmark: This is a two-phase office, retail and residential development. The first phase, completed in 2009 and currently being marketed consists of approximately 17,000 s.f. of retail space along Mission Street and 95 residential condominiums. At least 15% of the residential units will be provided as affordable housing units. The first phase will also include 395 off-street parking spaces to serve employees, customers, residents, and visitors of the War Memorial Community Center. A portion of the parking spaces will be available for the second phase of the project. The second phase is proposed for approximately 76,000 s.f. of office and retail space when supported by the market.
- Westlake and Serramonte Shopping Centers: Both of these regional shopping centers undertook major renovation/expansion programs that are continuing. Westlake underwent a major redesign and refurbishment program and has fully leased a newly created pedestrian mall. Serramonte Shopping Center has undergone a face-lift with attractive interior improvements.
- The Geneva: This is a revitalizing mixed-use development completed in 2009 in the Bayshore neighborhood of Daly City at 2665 Geneva Avenue. Featuring over 15,000 s.f. of retail space, there are 72 residential condominiums. At least 15% of the residential units will be provided as affordable housing units. The Geneva also includes a public plaza, and off-street parking spaces to serve employees, customers, residents, and visitors. This project is currently being marketed.
- Monarch Village: Located near Seton Hospital, this is the newest and largest private senior apartment rental community with over 200 units. Monarch Village opened in 2011.
- Dunn Edwards: During 2009, the landmark Dunn Edwards building on Junipero Serra Boulevard was revitalized with a smaller Dunn Edwards store and the creation of new tenant spaces, parking areas, and landscaped areas. The building is partially leased and currently being marketed.
- Skyline Plaza, King Plaza, and St. Francis Square Shopping Centers: Serving Daly City's large and diverse Asian community, these three neighborhood shopping centers are continuing regional shopping attractions, that continue to remain nearly 100% occupied.
- Habitat for Humanity: Located within walking distance of the Colma Bart Station, the first Habitat for Humanity condominium development in California broke ground in 2010. The project, which has won several awards for its design, features "Green" building techniques incorporating a substantial solar panel array, an on-site cistern, and other innovations. When completed, the project will serve 32 working families.