COVID-19 Resources for Business
California's New Blueprint for Reducing COVID-19
COVID-19 Support for Small Businesses
Grants / Loans:
- Paycheck Protection Program (new round of funding): This SBA loan is geared towards helping businesses keep their workforce employed during the COVID-19 crisis. This round of PPP contains ~284 billion in financing to businesses. Certain businesses that have already received PPP funding are eligible for “second draw loans” – Learn more about the program and apply here;
- COVID-19 Economic Injury Disaster Loans (new round of funding): This loan provides economic relief to small businesses and nonprofits that are experiencing temporary loss of revenue due to COVID-19. Funds from this program can be used to cover normal operating expenses – Learn more and find link to apply here;
- COVID-19 Relief Grant: $500 million available for small businesses; second round of applications open February 2 – Learn more and begin preparing your documents;
- Renaissance Entrepreneurship Center Grant: Small business grants issued in partnership with the San Mateo County Board of Supervisors ranging from $5,000 - $25,000 to cover expenses such as payroll, lease payments, PPE costs, or COVID-19 related pivots to business models – Learn more and apply;
- CA Rebuilding Fund Small Business Loans: $25 million to help impacted small businesses rebuild from the economic crisis and keep local economies strong. Program provides low-interest loans to small businesses with less access to loans from traditional banking institutions – Learn more and fill-out pre-application.
Tax Extensions / Credits:
- Main Street Hiring Tax Credit: $100 million hiring tax credit program for small businesses. Credit is equal to $1,000 per qualified employee, up to $100,000 for each small business – Learn more and apply;
- Tax Relief: 90-day automatic extension to small businesses’ state and local taxes and an extension of all licensing deadlines and requirements for several industries – Review the executive order & learn more;
- Small Business Relief Payment Plans: 12-month, interest-free payment plans for up to $50,000 of sales and use tax liability. Available to small businesses with less than $5 million in taxable annual sales – Learn more and get most recent updates.
- Expanded Support for Small Businesses: California’s Small Business Development Centers recently received over $34 million in funding to help businesses pivot, navigate new guidance, access capital, and adapt to survive COVID-19 – Contact your local Small Business Development Center;
- Great Plates Delivered: Meal delivery service for California’s older adults; provides economic stimulus to local businesses struggling to stay afloat during the COVID-19 crisis – Submit a request to join the program.
Questions? Please contact Brandon Phipps, Economic Development Specialist, at email@example.com.
The order prohibits private gatherings of any size, except for outdoor church services and political demonstrations. Restaurants must stop offering in-person dining and can offer only take-out and delivery.
The County of San Mateo has created signs that businesses may download and print.
Find the latest San Mateo County Health Order.
The new San Mateo County Health Order now allows outdoor dining, retail and business services with safety measures and other restrictions to ensure social distancing.
Browse though additional business resources available in response to COVID-19.
Get an understanding of San Mateo County's COVID-19 status and how it affects your business.
Read through the top tips for non-profit organizations.