The Daly City Police Department is currently using LiveScan, an inkless electronic fingerprinting, which is electronically transmitted to the Department of Justice (DOJ) for completion of a criminal record check. The Live Scan technology replaces the process of recording an individual's fingerprint patterns through a rolling process using ink. Digitizing the fingerprint minutiae (the characteristics that make fingerprints unique) enables the electronic transfer of the fingerprint image data in combination with personal descriptor information to central computers at the DOJ in a matter of seconds.
Call (650) 991-8119 to make an appointment.
- $100 plus all prevailing State, Federal, and County fees, subject to increases by outside agencies. As an example, here are some of the current costs: DOJ Prevailing Fee $42, FBI Prevailing Fee $17, County Prevailing Fee $5.
Total amount of fees to be paid cannot be given until completion of the live scan fingerprinting transaction .
What to Bring
You must bring a primary and secondary forms of identification.
Acceptable primary forms of photo identification include any of the following:
- Canadian driver’s license
- Department of Defense Common Access Card
- Federal Government Personal Identity Verification Card (PIV)
- Federal, State, or local government agency ID card with photograph
- Foreign Passport with Appropriate Immigration Documents (e.g. Form I-94)
- State-issued driver’s license (For those applicants without a license, a state identification card may be presented if the state identification card standards are the same as for the driver’s license.
- U.S. Coast Guard Merchant Mariner Card
- U.S. Passport or U.S. Passport Card
- Uniformed Services Identification Card
- USCIS – Employment Authorization Card (I-766)
- USCIS – Permanent Resident Card (I-551)
In the absence of a primary form of identification, an applicant shall provide at least two of the following forms of secondary identification and other additional forms of supporting documentation:
- Certificate of Citizenship (N560)
- Certificate of Naturalization (N550)
- Court Order for Name Change/Gender Change/Adoption/Divorce
- Draft Record
- Marriage Certificate (Government Certificate Issued)
- Native American tribal document
- Replacement Certificate of Citizenship (N-561)
- Replacement Certificate of Naturalization (N-570)
- School ID with photograph
- Social Security Card
- State Government Issued Certificate of Birth
- U.S. Government Issued Consular Report of Birth Abroad
- U.S. Tribal or Bureau of Indian Affairs Identification Card
Supporting documentation for secondary forms of identification include:
- Jurisdictional Public Assistance Card
- Jurisdictional Voter Registration Card
- Paycheck Stub with Name/Address (Financial information may be redacted by the individual)
- Spouse/Parent Affidavit
- Utility Bill (Address)
- Vehicle Registration Card/Title
Request for Live Scan Service Form
On the day of your appointment, you must also bring a completed Request for Live Scan Service Form (PDF).