Make a Difference Day
Daly City residents are asked to "Make a Difference" by volunteering or participating in a number of events. All volunteers are invited to attend the post-event lunch at noon at the City Hall Plaza and Rose Garden. The lunch is sponsored by the Daly City Host Lions Club. If you have a group that you would like to organize for a clean-up in your neighborhood, please fill out the request form.
Hands-on projects that are in need of volunteer help include:
- Mission Street-Top of the Hill Clean-up - Volunteers will meet at Bepler and Mission Street to collect litter and recyclables from 9 am to 12 pm. During the event, parking is available at the municipal parking lots on Bepler.
- Mussel Rock Coastal Clean-up - Volunteers must register here in advance to collect litter and recyclables from 9 to 11 am.
- Neighborhood Clean-ups - Volunteer with a group of friends and neighbors to collect litter and recyclables in your own neighborhood.
- New Mini Park on Ottilia Street in the Bayshore - Help plant a variety of CA native species at the new mini-park through Project Green Space; all plants, materials, and supplies are provided. Come ready to do some light physical work from 9 am to 12 pm
- Park Clean-ups - Volunteer with a group of friends and neighbors to collect litter and recyclables. Choose a park that is your favorite or we'll set a location up for you!
All volunteers must complete a release form prior to beginning any work activity associated with Make A Difference Day. Volunteers under 18 years of age must submit a release form (PDF) with the signature of the parent/guardian.