Guidelines for Filming in Daly City
1. Filming in Daly City will be arranged through the Office of the City Manager, which will make referrals to City departments (Police Department, Parks and Recreation Department, Department of Public Works, Fire Department, etc.) in order to arrange orderly filming in compliance with the law.
2. A certificate of insurance will be filed in the Office of the City Manager prior to filming, endorsed to the City of Daly City (see attached insurance requirements).
3. Film company must obtain a Business License from the Finance Department and, if necessary, an encroachment permit from the Department of Public Works.
4. Uniformed police officers, working voluntary duty on an overtime basis only, will be assigned to motion picture details when the Chief of Police deems it advisable for public safety and convenience. The number of officers assigned will be determined by the Chief of Police depending on the extent of filming and other factors.
5. Daly City streets must be posted for no parking due to filming 48 hours prior to call time.
6. Night shooting between the hours of 10:00 p.m. and 7:00 a.m. is prohibited unless the City Manager provides prior express written approval. Commercial areas may be restricted between the hours 6:30 and 9:30 a.m. and 3:30 and 6:30 p.m., due to rush hour traffic. Otherwise, commercial areas are available for filming.
7. Companies are requested to provide the Office of the City Manager and the Police Department with copies of shooting scripts and location schedules, so that potential traffic and parking problems can be anticipated and prevented.
8. A film company, no later than 48 hours before shooting in a residential neighborhood, must notify in writing, the residents in the area as to the company shooting times, and the name, address, and phone numbers of the company’s local office or representative. Prior to filming, the City Manager must be notified that this information has been distributed.
9. All production vehicles shall be visibly identified (including equipment rental vehicles) with the name of the production company. Such identification is to be placed in the windshield of each vehicle while on location.
10. The production company shall not interfere with the normal activities of a neighborhood. Filming crews and equipment should not interfere with street sweeping or refuse collection. No littering is permitted and must be cleaned up completely when leaving the location. The public must not be deprived of egress or ingress to private or public property. The production company shall comply with all applicable local ordinances, State and Federal laws, and regulations.
DALY CITY FILM PERMIT APPLICATION INSURANCE REQUIREMENTS
A. Liability Insurance: Before a permit is issued, a certificate of insurance will be required in an amount not exceeding $1,000,000.00 naming Daly City as a coinsured for protection against third party claims for personal injuries, wrongful deaths, and property damage. Daly City and its officers, agents and employees shall be named as additional insureds. The certificates shall not be subject to cancellation or modification until after thirty days written notice is given to the City of Daly City. A copy of the certificate will remain on file in the Office of the City Manager.
B. Worker’s Compensation Insurance: An applicant shall conform to all applicable Local, Federal and State requirements for Worker’s Compensation Insurance for all person operating under a permit.
C. Hold Harmless Agreement: An applicant shall execute a hold harmless agreement prior to the issuance of a film permit.
With respect to other insurance requirements, applicant shall provide the City of Daly City a written description of any self-insurance program and independently audited financial information as reasonable required by the City of Daly City to determine the financial solvency of such self-insured programs. The confidential status of any proprietary information shall be maintained by the City.
That such insurance is primary to any other insurance available to the additional insureds with respect to claims covered under the policy and that insurance applies separately to each insured against whom claim is made or suit is brought, but the inclusion of more than one insured shall not operate to increase the insurer’s limit of liability.
Before commencement of the term of this agreement, certificates of insurance, in form and with insurers acceptable to the City of Daly City, shall be furnished to the Office of the City Manager, City of Daly City, 333 90th Street, Daly City, California 94015, with complete copies upon request. Should any of the required insurance be subject to deductibles, said deductible amounts shall be disclosed on certificates and shall be subject to approval by the City of Daly City.