Redevelopment Agency Minutes, December 10, 2007
DALY CITY REDEVELOPMENT AGENCY
DALY CITY CIVIC CENTER - COUNCIL CHAMBERS
MINUTES – DECEMBER 10, 2007
The meeting was called to order by Chair Gomez at 9:05 P.M.
ROLL CALL: Members Present:
Maggie Gomez, Chair
Carol L. Klatt, Vice-Chair
Judith A. Christensen, Director
Michael P. Guingona, Director
Sal Torres, Director
Patricia E. Martel, Executive Director
Rose Zimmerman, Agency Attorney
Maria Cortes, City Clerk
Richard Berger, Director, Economic
& Community Development
RE-ORGANIZATION OF THE REDEVELOPMENT AGENCY BOARD
Election of Chair
Election of Vice-Chair
AGENCY COMMITTEE REPORTS:
APPROVAL OF MINUTES:
It was moved by Director Guingona, seconded by Vice-Chair Gomez and carried to approve the minutes for the Regular Meeting of November 26, 2007.
APPROVAL OF AGENDA:
It was moved by Director Torres, seconded by Director Guingona and carried to approve the Agenda for December 10, 2007.
Claims: Expenditures and Claims for October 2007
END OF CONSENT AGENDA
Richard Berger, Economic & Community Development Director, presented the staff report recommending the Agency grant conceptual approval to locate a fortuneteller business at 6801B Mission Street.
The proposed business would be located in an existing three-story mixed use building located at the southeast corner of Mission Street and Eastlake Avenue. The use would provide two card-reading rooms.
The applicant proposed to operate a fortuneteller business between the hours of 9:00 AM and 9:00 PM. Monday through Saturday.
It was moved by Director Guingona, seconded by Chair Klatt, and carried 4-1 by roll call vote, with Director Chistensen voting nay, to adopt the following resolution:
A Resolution of the Daly City Redevelopment Agency Approving Conceptual Review (CR07-6) to Locate a Fortuneteller Business at 6801B Mission Street, Daly City, California
11. Agreement to Perform Tariff Schedule Related Work with PG&E and Developer Reimbursement Agreement for 2665 Geneva Avenue Mixed-Use Project
Richard Berger, Economic & Community Development Director, presented the staff report recommending the Agency authorize the City Manager, or her designee, to execute any and all documents relating to:
· An agreement to Perform Tariff Schedule Related Work with PG&E in the amount of $200,986 for the relocation of primary transmission power lines in front of 2665 Geneva Avenue for the purposed of permitting the mixed-use project to be constructed.
· A Reimbursement Agreement with the developers of said project in the amount of $50,986 for their share of the PG&E relocation cost.
It was moved by Director Christensen, seconded by Director Guingona, and carried by unanimous roll call vote to adopt the following resolution:
A Resolution of the Governing Board of the Daly City Redevelopment Agency Authorizing and Approving Agreement to Perform Tariff Schedule Related Work with PG&E and Developer Reimbursement Agreement for 2665 Geneva Avenue Mixed-Use Project
20. Comprehensive Annual Financial Report of the Agency
Don McVey, Director of Finance, presented the Annual Financial Report of the Agency:
· Daly City Redevelopment Agency Component Unit Financial Statements and Independent Auditor’s Report
· Independent Auditor’s Compliance Report
· State Controller’s Annual Report of Financial Transaction of Community Redevelopment Agencies, including Annual Report of Housing Activity of Community Redevelopment Agencies.
Director Christensen made a motion to accept the Financial Report and Audit, seconded by Director Torres.
It was moved by Director Christensen, seconded by Director Torres, and carried to adjourn the meeting at 9:33 PM.
Secretary of the Redevelopment Agency
Approved this 14th day
of January , 2008
Chair of the Redevelopment Agency