Do you have enough water in the event of an earthquake?
Keep a three-day water supply just in case.
• Each family member (including pets) needs one gallon per day
• Store tap water in food-grade plastic containers; replace every six months
• Store bottled water in the original sealed containers; replace every six months.
If your supply runs out, you can treat your tap water.
• Boil it for three minutes, or disinfect it by adding regular household bleach
• Add eight drops of bleach for every gallon of water
• Shake or stir then let it stand for thirty minutes.
For more information and to view videos related to emergency preparedness, click here.