The Daly City Police Department has proven time and time again that we are very committed to making this a safe community to live, play, and work--not only by apprehending criminals and offenders, but also through crime prevention and safety programs. Our department is committed to creating and maintaining a partnership with our law-abiding citizens, achieving permanent solutions to crime problems, and enhancing the quality of life in our community. Our goals include:
- To enhance the quality of life in our community by acting as a catalyst that brings together human and material resources to change and improve.
- To organize valuable resources needed in the Police Department and community to reduce actual or perceived crime.
- To serve as a facility through which community, government and service organizations are brought together to address and solve community problems.
- To educate the public to understand the partnership role of citizens and police in working together to solve problems and improve the quality of life in the community.
- To maximize our resources by motivating and mobilizing the support of citizens and businesses, elected and appointed officials, in order to make Daly City a safer, better, and more satisfying community in which to live, play, and work.
This community belongs to all of us, and we strongly believe in always putting our community first. For more information about the department’s Community Policing Unit, please call (650) 991-8106.