> City of Daly City > City Hall > Departments > City Clerk > Frequently Asked Questions

Frequently Asked Questions

When is the next Council Meeting?
Council Meetings are held on the second and fourth Monday nights each month at 7:00 P.M. in the Daly City Council Chambers at 333 90th Street, Daly City, CA 94015.  To view agenda,
click here. 

Where is Daly City Civic Center located? 

333 90th Street, Daly City, CA 94015.  See map.

How can I contact the Council?

You can write a letter to the Honorable City Council, City Hall, 333 90th Street, Daly City or call at (650) 991-8008.  You may also write a letter to the City Council, c/o City Clerk, City Hall, 333 90th Street, Daly City or email at cityclerk@dalycity.org

May I speak to the Council on a particular matter?
You may speak to the Council at any City Council Meeting, under Public Appearances/Oral Communications.

When are Elections held? 

Elections are held every two years on the first Tuesday after the first Monday in November of even numbered years.

When is the next Statewide Election?
Go to the Official Election Site for the County of San Mateo at
www.shapethefuture.org or call  (650) 312-5222 for up-to-date information.

Where can I register to vote or change my voter registration?
City Clerk’s Office, City Hall, 333 90th Street, Second Floor, Daly City, CA 94015, Public Libraries, County Offices or Department of Motor Vehicles.

Where do I file a Claim?
Claim forms are available at and received by the City Clerk’s Office.  To obtain a form, click here.


Where can I obtain a Business License?

Click_here to find information.

Where do I pay my Water Bill?
You may visit the Finance Department, City Hall, 333 90th Street, Second Floor   or by mail or by phone.(650)991-8082.  For additional information regarding Utility information,

Where do I get Building Permit?

Click_here for more information or call (650) 991-8061

Where do I go to be fingerprinted?

Call 650-991-8119 to make an appointment. Click_here for more information.

Where do I obtain a Police Report?

Click_here for Police Report information.

Where can I pay my Parking/Traffic Ticket?

You can mail a check or money order to: City of Daly City P.O. Box 9003 Redwood City, CA 94065-9003 You can pay for your parking tickets by credit card using the Interactive Voice Response System by calling (888) 442-4088. To pay online: www.pticket.com/daly.

Where can I find the Municipal Code?
Code requirements can be found in the Daly City Municipal Code Book in the City Clerk’s Office or Library. 
Click_here for online Municipal Code.

Where can I find out about parking regulations?
Contact the Daly City Police Department at (650) 991-8119 for specifics.  Click here to see Daly City Municipal Code Section 10 .32.165

Is there a Municipal Code regarding handing out flyers or posting signs in windows?
Click here to see the Daly City Municipal Code Section 8.32.180  

Is there a Municipal Code regarding how many animals a person keep on their premises in Daly City?
Click here to see Daly City Municipal Code Section 6.20.060.

Where do I obtain Birth, Marriage or Death Certificates in San Mateo County? 


Where can I obtain information for a Fictitious Business Name? 

Click_here to see the San Mateo County  website for information.

Where can I get information about San Mateo County?

Click here for county website.  

Where is the nearest Social Security Office? 

355 Gellert Boulevard, Daly City, CA 94015, 888-748-7702

What is the telephone number for the Department of Motor Vehicle?


Where is an Immigration and Naturalization Service (INS) Office?
San Francisco, 630 Sansome Street, San Francisco, CA 94102, 415-705-4411

Where can I get passport information?

You can go online at http://travel.state.gov/ or call 1-877-487-2778 (TDD: 1-888-874-7793) or by email at NPIC@state.gov. Customer Service Representatives are available M-F 6AM-12 Midnight Eastern Time (excluding federal holidays). Automated information is available 24/7.