Welcome to the Office of the City Attorney for the City of Daly City.
The Office of the City Attorney provides legal representation to the Mayor, City Council, City Manager, various departments in the City, City Boards and Commissions. The Office serves as general counsel for the Daly City Redevelopment Agency, the Daly City Housing Development Finance Agency and the Public Facilities Finance Corporation and as District Counsel to the North San Mateo County Sanitation District.
The City Attorney’s Office is responsible for providing, either directly or through outside counsel, for the defense of the City, its officers and employees against lawsuits and claims.
Rose Zimmerman, City Attorney
- Providing legal advice on widely diverse areas of law;
- Providing counsel to and attending meetings of certain Council committees, the Planning Commission and special City department task forces;
- Providing advice or written opinions to any City officer, department head, board commission or other unit of local government in areas of land use, personnel, elections, conflict of interest and economic development;
- Drafting, reviewing and approving as to form all contracts, surety bonds, ordinances, policies and resolutions;
- Responding to requests for public records and other documents;
- Preparing resolutions and ordinances for City Council agendas; and
- Prosecuting legal actions initiated by the City.
Please contact us if we can assist you in any way.