Commercial Vehicle Permit


Daly City residents have frequently complained about the overnight parking of limousines, truck trailers, buses and other commercial vehicles in residential areas. Residents who rely upon such commercial vehicles for their livelihood have also voiced their concerns about the lack of legally acceptable parking areas for their vehicles within Daly City. In an effort to meet the needs of the neighborhoods and working residents alike, the City has developed a program offering a solution for both groups.

The Program

Certain street segments are designated for parking only by commercial vehicles displaying a city- issued permit.

Map showing Commercial Vehicle Parking Zones 

Signs and markings identify the permitted commercial vehicle parking zones. Vehicles parked in the permitted commercial vehicle parking zones without displaying a city-issued permit will be subject to citation and penalties prescribed by the Daly City Municipal Code and summarized as follows: 


  • Commercial Vehicle parking outside the permitted parking zone
>$ 258 for each citation
  • Commercial Vehicle parking in the permitted zone without displaying the city-issued permit
$ 108 for each citation
  • Non-Commercial Vehicle parking in the permitted zone
$ 33 for each citation

The Permits

Daly City residents and business owners may obtain a commercial vehicle parking permit for their commercial vehicles by applying at the Finance Department, City Hall, 333 – 90th Street, Daly City. The fee for each permit application is $100 and is not refundable. The City-issued permit is for one year and expires each June 30th. The permit must be affixed to the vehicle as described in the instructions. Commercial vehicles eligible for a parking permit generally include trucks other than pick-ups, limousines exceeding nineteen feet in length, buses, and trailers attached to a truck. No more than two (2) permits will be issued for each qualified resident or business.

Commercial Vehicle Parking Permit Application form

You may also apply by mail. Please make sure to enclose your payment and all required documentation listed on the form.