City offices will close at noon on Wednesday, December 24 and Wednesday, December 31. Offices will be closed Thursday, December 25 in observance of Christmas Day, and Thursday, January 1 in observance of New Year's Day. Regular hours will be observed on all other days.
Garbage and recycling collection service will be shifted for Christmas and New Year’s Days and the days following.
• Monday (12/22 and 12/29), Tuesday (12/23 and 12/30) and Wednesday (12/24 and 12/31) customers will receive their regular pick-up and are NOT affected by the holiday collection change.
• There will be NO collection service on Christmas, Thursday 12-25 or New Years Day, Thursday 1-1-2009.
• Thursday customers will receive collection service on Friday.
• Friday customers will receive collection service on Saturday.
Please remember to place your garbage, recycling, and yard waste trimmings out for collection by 4:00 a.m. on your collection day.
All Allied Waste facilities are closed on Christmas and New Year’s.
Please remember to...RECYCLE your Christmas trees!
Christmas Tree Collection will occur on your regularly scheduled service day.
• Tree must be cut into 4 foot sections.
• Stands, lights and decorations must be removed.
• Flocked tress cannot be recycled, but they will be collected.
• Free tree collection begins December 26 and ends January 16. You must call Allied Waste to schedule a tree pick-up after January 16
For more information, call Allied Waste: (650) 756-1130.
Street sweeping will stop at 8:00 a.m. on Wednesday, December 24 (Christmas Eve) and Wednesday, December 31 (New Year's Eve). No street sweeping will take place on Christmas Day (Thursday, December 25) or New Year's Day (Thursday, January 1).