Bayshore Community Center Design Competition
As part of the fund raising efforts to build a Community Center, the City of Daly City is sponsoring an invited competition to select a conceptual design for a new Bayshore Community Center in Bayshore Heights Park. In partnership with the Mid-Peninsula Boys and Girls Club, the Bayshore Community Center will include recreational facilities, community rooms and a small branch library and will be a tremendous asset to the Bayshore Neighborhood. This conceptual design process will help the neighborhood envision the possibilities for a future Center.
Several architectural teams have been invited to enter this competition. A Selection Committee will judge the proposed design. The community will have an opportunity to meet with the architectural teams to discuss the neighborhood's vision for a new Community Center. Designs will be on display both at City Hall and Bayshore Library for residents to review before a conceptual design is selected that best meets the community's objectives.
On March 25, 2000 the teams will each make a presentation to the Selection Committee, City Council and residents. After hearing each team's presentation, the Selection Committee will determine the winning design. This design will be featured in funding raising literature to help build the Community Center.Selection Committee:
- Rachel Garibaldi
- Phyllis Rizzi
- Ruben Urbina
- Lovell James
- City Councilmember Carol Klatt
- City Councilmember Adrienne Tissier
- Mike Stallings, Director of Parks and Recreation
- Susanna Gilden, Library Director
- Daniel Dadoun, Executive Director Mid-Peninsula Boys and Girls Club
Dates to Remember:
- February 16, 2000 7:30 p.m. (immediately following the Koshland Community meeting)
Community Meeting to discuss neighborhood goals for Community Center at Lawson Hall
- March 13, 2000 Design submissions due at City Hall
- March 14 - March 17 Designs on display at City Hall
- March 20 - March 23 Designs on display at Bayshore Library
- March 25 9 a.m. Oral Presentations by Design Teams and selection of winning design For more information contact Kathleen Agasie at 650-991-8137.