PG&E Natural Gas Transmission Construction Scheduled November-January 2013 in Daly City
The California Environmental Protection Agency, Department of Toxic Substances Control (DTSC) is distributing a work notice to advise the community near the Pacific Gas and Electric Company (PG&E) Martin Service Center in Daly City of upcoming construction to install portions of a natural gas transmission cross-tie pipeline. The cross-tie pipeline is a new 24-inch steel pipeline with remote control shut-off that eventually will connect two parallel pipelines that already serve the Peninsula, increasing gas service reliability. All work associated with this phase of construction will occur within the Martin Service Center property.
CONSTRUCTION ACTIVITY SUMMARY
• Construction of portions of the cross-tie pipeline is scheduled to begin in early early-November and will run through the January 2013. The pipeline will under go extensive testing and then be put into service in spring 2013 when PG&E connects connect two parallel pipelines that already serve the Peninsula.
• The work will occur from 7 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Monday through Friday with some Saturday and Sunday work if necessary.
• Construction activities will include horizontal drilling across the central portion of Martin Service Center to install the cross-tie pipeline.
• Excess soil, concrete, and asphalt generated by construction activities will be placed in dump trucks or covered bins and removed off site by traveling east along Geneva Avenue to Bayshore Boulevard, and then south to Highway 101.
• Any water generated by site activities will be treated and discharged to the sanitary sewer system under permits issued by the San Francisco Public Utilities Commission and the Bayshore Sanitary District.
• Dust control and air monitoring will occur during excavation and loading activities.
For More Information: If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the Department of Toxic Substance Control’s Project Manager, Mr. Jacinto Soto, at (510) 540-3842 or by email at email@example.com. Or call PG&E at 1 (888) 743-7431.
Information Repositories: Copies of site related documents are available at Bayshore Library, 460 Martin Street, Daly City.
for PG&E's project overview and construction schedule.